Thursday, June 27, 2013

I LOVE fresh corn and wanted to share my creamed corn recipe with you all! :) Enjoy!


MELISSA’S CREAMED CORN

6 ears of fresh corn, shucked, cleaned and cut off the cob

½ stick butter

3 tablespoons sugar

Salt and pepper to taste

½ cup half and half

In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter and add corn stirring often for about 8 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 10 minutes.  I like to use my hand blender and mash a little of the corn right in the skillet.  If you don’t have a hand blender, you can scoop half of the corn mixture into a blender then place it back in the pot.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this simple, delicious looking recipe for the bounty of corn here in Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the best recipe , I love fried corn

    ReplyDelete