Saturday, January 3, 2015

I've never just loved Salmon, but I tell you--I could eat it this way twice a week! My recipe is so simple and I find that using course ground salt and course ground pepper really makes it fantastic! Enjoy :)


SEARED SALMON FILETS

4 (1-inch thick) boneless salmon filets with skin on

2 tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil

Salt and pepper

Small amount of cumin

Heat oven to 425.  Season the salmon with cumin, salt and pepper.  Heat a non-stick skillet with a metal handle over medium- high heat for 2 to 3 minutes then pour oil into the pan and heat it for 1 minute.   Place the salmon, skin side up in the skillet, and sear it for 2 to 3 minutes or until you see a crust start to form around the edges.  Don’t flip the salmon.  Carefully transfer the skillet into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.  Carefully remove from the oven using heavy-duty pot holders and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

4 comments:

  1. 100 cook ebook packs
    http://qualityebooks.net/0Jn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t like Salmon but husband love it lot. He can have spicy baked or deep fried salmon at any time. You know I made salmon first time with help of cooking videos which my husband referred me. The dish comes out really delicious. Thanks for sharing great recipe here, I will try this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't sesame oil burn easily in high heat? That would be the last oil to use because of its low smoke point.

    ReplyDelete